School Minibus Contract Hire
Why You Should Consider School Minibus Contract Hire
As you may have seen from our funding options page, contract hire has now become the most popular method of funding for the schools that we work alongside. In summary, this form of vehicle funding offers the following:
- A brand new minibus for a period of between 2 and 5 years. Not only does this offer your school a positive and professional image, this also offers you the piece of mind that a safe and reliable vehicle will be utilised for the transportation of students and teaching staff alike.
- There are no disposal issues at the end of the contract. With ownership style funding products, the risks (time and money) pertaining to disposing the vehicle rests with the customer. For many institutions, this is simply unfeasible.
- From a budgeting perspective, you benefit from fixed monthly payments and this enables your school to plan finances amore accurately. Additionally, should you opt for a full maintenance contract (which we encourage) you are in a position ensure that you include the costs of all servicing, maintenance, tyres, breakdown cover and safety inspections for the life of the contract.
- This is a cost effective solution compared to short term rental on an ad-hoc basis or utilising a private hire business.
- This offers a reduced administration burden on your school.
What You Need to Know
- Contract hire is not a purchase style agreement. If you do want to own (or sell) the vehicle, then contract hire is not the right form of funding for you.
- While it is possible to terminate the contract before it finishes, this “Early Termination” process will invoke a charge circa half of the remaining rentals (dependent on the terms of the contract).
- The vehicle will be inspected at the end of the contract as part of the collection process. While the process is regulated by the BVRLA “Fair Wear and Tear” guide (available on request), damage to the vehicle outside of this will be the customer’s responsibility to remediate.
- The annual mileage must be adhered to and any “excess mileage” will be chargeable on a per mile basis according to the terms and conditions of the contract.
The Next Steps
We realise that there are varying levels of experience within the different schools and academies that we engage with. For example, if you are replacing an existing school minibus you are probably conversant with the relevant technical and practical considerations.
However, should this be your first school minibus contract hire agreement we are best placed to help guide you through the process. Questions relating to passenger seating, annual mileage, maintenance obligations or disabled access conversions are all regularly presented to us. We understand that it can be a difficult undertaking and we want the process to be as comfortable as possible.
If you have made the decision that contract hire is the best way to obtain you minibus, then please complete the funding application noted below and return to us, together with your vehicle requirements.
Click on the document image and then print off for completion. Fax back to us directly on 01942 608887 together with vehicle requirements